View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 23:03   Link #83
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Maybe I'm a little disappointed that Double H didn't have a larger presence in Himari's life at the end (in fact it appears in this reality she's just a fan.)
But the only thing that saved Himari's life and others at the end of series was their song, thanks to their song Ringo was able to cast spell which was "The Fruit of Fate". Other than that I'm really happy for Yuri and Tabuki. They deserved that happy finale from the beggining. Shouma finally confesed her love towards Ringo and both girls are now friends, living happily after thanks to their beloved ones. But there is still this sad feeling deep inside me towards Kanba. Even though his actions were all for the sake of saving Himari and did evil in the process but he also deserved happy finale but anyways he did since he saved Himari with all costs anyways. I'm also happy for Masako siblings at the same time. Masako still remembers Kanba even if she thinks it's in her dream. I'm going to miss Esmeralda's "Kyuhuh" voice. Horie Yui did really good job by voicing this cute penguin and yeah she was my favorite one amongst other penguins. And lastly I shed manly tears when Himari found note from her brothers.

PS: I interpreted this episode as like what they needed from the beggining is sharing love. Love is also at the same time fate. If you want to change fate you need to share. Sharing also means sacrificing something precious to you. So what I'm trying to say is (not metaphorically) apple that Kanba shared with Shouma is Penguindrum which also indicates bro love. When they shared fruit of fate they also found purpose in life. In order to save their hope and purpose, at the end they needed to sacrifice their soul. So in this sense Shouma sacrificed himself in order to save Ringo who was about the die as well as Himari was saved by Kanba by sarificing himself, enabling them both to save their precious ones in life. Ahh the more I speak then the more it gets complicated anyways... Later I need to rewatch this series in order to get better and full understading or better wait for Bluray series to see more naked Himari and Ringo :3

Anyways it was pretty good series at least it was top-notch one amongst other series that released this year so I'm going to add this series to the top of my favorite series.