View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 15:45   Link #1880
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

"the first night decides how good the relationship will be"-Night Stalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
No, I'm not criticizing people's criticizing at all(that sounds weird ). What I'm criticizing is people who only knew the little bit of story in later volume from summary. It always baffles me how can they criticize something they haven't read themselves. Its just like people who says durian taste horrible even though they only heard about that fruit from other people. Granted, some people will like it or hate it even after they tried, but at least they have to try it first. That's why critics from people who only read the summary(and machine translation too, to a lesser degree) baffles me because how can you criticize something that you haven't read yourself, at least the translation, although the original version is preferable in order for no lost in translation. BTW, I'm not talking about the matter of Claire critics in particular, but the ungrounded critics of several untranslated LN that I read from people who knew the story only from summary.
I criticize the "Claire" in the first volume. I did say that i only read the first volume in my first post in this topic.
I do not criticize the "Claire" in the volume 3,4,5.

And do you think it matters what kind of people Claire is developed in volume 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,.... when she pisses off the readers so much that they drop it right after the first volume and forget the series name in T minus 5 seconds?
I read the first volume of a novel, if it is good, i will continue. If it is bad, i drop. I don't read the 9th or 10th volume to decide it because they haven't been released.

"what dafuq is dat author thinking? Does he expect people will pick the second volume up with excitement and expectation after being pissed off and disappointed in the first volume?" is what i think after the first volume.
The only logic reason i can think of to explain why the author doing that is : somehow, she is very adorable, lovely, popular in most of the reader's eyes.

P/S:
The only reason why i read the second volume of this series is : Est.
Est!
EST!!!!!
And, it still pisses me off more than it entertains me....

Last edited by bietchie11; 2012-06-20 at 15:58.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote