View Single Post
Old 2010-08-09, 22:31   Link #4100
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
Haha. I love how some questions are never noticed for the longest of times. Anyways. in all reality a die, the singular form of dice, are always multi-sided. But my assumption is that you're asking about the all of the different dice like, the 4 sided die to the 20 sided die. I'm not really sure of their origins persay but I do know that they are probably most commonly found in one of the nerdiest games ever to meet humanity that doesn't require the use of a computer and internet. The dice are used in Dungeons and Dragons extensively to determine many different results. For example whether or not an attack hits, whether a trap is found and disabled, or whether you jump a gap. I do know that the dice are based on regular polyhedrons.
DandD is probably what keeps most card and comic shops alive, even still (well, besides Magic the Gathering)
Dn'D is also one of the first origins of RPGs, right?
I know that on a different forum the OP of an RP is called the DM (dungeon master).

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote