View Single Post
Old 2006-01-05, 06:31   Link #221
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
How was Shinn EVER the best pilot in CE? Recall in ep 8 when Athrun/Yzak trashed chaos he said "O_o so this is the power of the Jachin Due pilots!" so there he already admitted that he wasn't as good. Shinn never fought Athrun gundam v. gundam until the end, in which Athrun SOUNDLY won both times. Shinn beat Kira because Kira was doing everything BUT fighting him. He was sniping grunts, IMing the archangel, trying to high-tail it outta there, hyperventilating, etc... and even later, Kira says it was just a fluke. And then Kira SHOWED that it was a fluke when he hands down pwnt Shinn in ep 42. Shinn won ONE gundam v. gundam fight against Kira/Athrun COMBINED. Let's count Shinn's encounters vs. Kira/Athrun in gundams

1) Ep 24, Kira v. Shinn: Kira/Athrun: 1-0-0, Shinn 0-1-0
2) Ep 28, Kira v. Shinn: Kira/Athrun: 1-0-1, Shinn 0-1-1
3) Ep 32, Kira v. Shinn (for that brief moment), Kira/Athrun: 1-0-2, Shinn: 0-1-2
4) Ep 34, Kira v. Shinn (Ugh) Kira/Athrun: 1-1-2, Shinn: 1-1-2
5) Ep 42, Kira v. Shinn (more consistency this time): Kira/Athrun: 2-1-2, Shinn: 1-2-2
6) Ep 43, Athrun v. Shinn, Kira/Athrun: 3-1-2, Shinn: 1-3-2
7) Kira v. Shinn ep 50 (brief skirmish, Shinn gets trapped by dragoons then railgunned like a bitch): Kira/Athrun: 4-1-2, Shinn 1-4-2
8) Athrun v. Shinn ep 50: Kira/Athrun: 5-1-2, Shinn 1-5-2

Wins are counted as 3 points, losses as 0, ties as 1. Shinn final score: 5 points. Kira/Athrun combined score: 17 points. Even if you'd take one third of that, Shinn is still outscored. Best pilot in CE my ass. He won ONE gundam v. gundam fight against them. If you can call Shinn better compared to all of the times he's lost (5), well...

About Neo/Mwu: there was an explanation. He had his memories bottled up, and he regained them.

About Durandall: I'll give you credit there. He had me on the fence up to ep 36 (I could understand ep 34's orders...but then once he started saying "Can I rely on you to deal with Athrun," started BSing Shinn, and said "now you disappear for sure, Lacusu Clyne", I said screw him. Very abrupt too.

And once again about Shinn: you're saying he was plot deviced all those times, but won fair and square the one time he beat Kira. I say Kira got haxed once, then won on him being the better pilot. Tell me, what would have happened with Shinn in ep 28 had Athrun not cut Kira off? Bulky blast Impulse vs. supermaneuverable Freedom? Please remember that Mwu in Launcher Strike got beat by Rau in a CGUE melee style. Ep 32 Kira wasn't after Shinn's blood anyway, but I counted that for Shinn's benefit anyway.

So tell me, does it make more sense to say that there was one plot device used (oh, and a mighty plot device it was INDEED! Kira DID have to get Strike Freedom SOMEHOW, correct?) as opposed to Shinn losing and staying with Impluse/Destiny...

You see, Shinn's losses weren't because he had to upgrade to a new gundam. If there was no SF coming, do you honestly think Fukuda would have trashed the Freedom? Odds are, he would have Shinn get Destiny, go rushing madly at Kira, just for Kira to pwn him again anyway (is there REALLY that much of a difference between Freedom and SF aside from dragoons/beamshields?)

And let's not forget that Shinn was getting absolutely owned in space. Okay, I'm going to rewatch final plus just so I can find the moment for you when Shinn is getting owned by dragoons.

Edit: Crap, final plus is on my laptop...don't have it on me right now...someone do me a favor and find me the time that Shinn turns on WoL, rushes at Kira, starts dodging dragoons, then catches railgun to the face before Rey steps in and tries to divert Kira?
Hahaha....seems the oodles and kaboodles of love you had for the new Shinn, the more kawaii and loving Shinn is finally wearing off...after your 2 weeks of religious vigils praising and loving Shinn, reflecting on him as such a misunderstood character (only took you a milllion brain glompings to realize this)...

When he felt the warm hand clasp of your hero and bowed before him you totally changed your tune...But now even after dom33 says something with no real hardcore context behind it (about Shinn)...You once again go off the deep end...It's just funny to see how bi-polar you are right now...Go re-watch the final 2 mins of "Final Plus" again, you'll feel better...Remember to never flip-flop on Shinn again...I told you, your not deserving of reexamining anything about his character...This post proves it...So just stick to your bias nerfing (and nerf defending), which i can respect...