View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 17:15   Link #5626
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
what?
she wants to help the japanese people
and lelouch would have made her a monster to them
in what world would she have felt like a hero for such a thing ?
What I mean is, assuming he made her forget (and it would be too risky not to) that it was her brother fighting to help Japan, then she would forget a fair amount of the progress she made in coming to want to help the Japanese. She would just see the Japanese as people who killed three of her family members, two of which were children at the time. She isn't the type to jump on Cornelia's bandwagon, but she would be considerably less freaked out than what would happen if she were only made to shoot Lelouch and not forget anything.

She would hardly be a monster to the world, at least anymore than the rest of her family. Clovis and Cornelia started massacres, while she would be seen as someone who lured Zero out with peace rather than war and then only went after HIM.

I'm not saying she would feel like a hero at all, just that Lelouch's likely course of action wouldn't have devastated her to the point you seem to think it would. *Cough*ComfortZaku*Cough*

She herself admitted her reasons were selfish, so she wasn't much better than Lelouch as far as motive goes.

Quote:
how would she have shafted anyone
the elevens would have had it better
the britannians would have had it better because they wouldnt be at war with the black knights anymore
and if it works well, it could inspire similer SAZ's in other areas
it wouldnt make britannia go away, but it would improve the lives of those living under their rule considerably
Ideally they would, but even ignoring my theories about the SAZ starting a war, there is still the fact that most Britannians saw this as their government betraying them or weakening to the point that it couldn't protect them. The nobleman attacking the kid shows that many Britannians weren't taking the SAZ well and there would be wealthy and influencial people who would try to impede or sabotage its progress. Again, outside the SAZ's boarders nothing would change.

Terrorism would be discredited, not wiped out. Cornelia would do that, but it would probably crop up again if/when she left.

Similar establishements around the other Areas are very unlikely. Reforms work best when there is a need for them, and even then all change is "rocking the boat" to someone. Euphemia giving up her title seperated her from the rest of Britannia in showing that this was HER idea, not Britannia's. Unless terrorism got alot worse in the other Areas, then the other Viceroys didn't have much reason or incentive to implement such things, and Schneizel pushing it would make him dangerously unpopular.

Simply put, Britannians would want to remind the Japanese outside of the SAZ that they were still Elevens, and the Japanese would want to "remind" the Britannians that Zero scared their government into the SAZ. When two such groups meet, things wouldn't end very well.

Quote:
i'd say its 102% because it interfers with his plans
and -2% that its not good for the world
but thats just me
Then we'll agree to disagree on this point, mostly because I'm honestly not sure where I place the percentages.

Quote:
euphie was stifling his small minded attempt at revenge, with her small minded desires
again, lelouch is not in this for a better world
lelouch is in this for revenge and the destraction of britannia
the world that would result from such destraction may turn out better
but thats not what lelouch is after
Suzaku called him out on this in Turn 21. Lelouch did want a better world. He just couldn't accept that a bastard like him wanted it because bad people can't want good things or else those good things would be bad things, so he claimed it was all for Nunally's sake because she's innocent.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote