View Single Post
Old 2010-03-22, 22:57   Link #231
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Felt a bit interested in attempting translation myself so I tried doing the narration at the beginning of the game before the game's opening

Narration translation of the narration voiced by Nanoha, Fate or Hayate-chan. This is as best as I can translate for the time being. But I hope this helps with someone with the back story or anyone curious about what was said during that narration.

"A long, long time ago. An object that was solely sought after, even if it meant killing others, was one single book. The cursed Book of Darkness. It's because of that reason for the book, the book's protective spirit was always sad. Men, women, kind people, rich people, and even kings/royalty. Because the people involved with this book. Everyone died because of the Book of Darkness's curse.

To protect the Book of Darkness, the created knights have always had sad feelings. For the sake of the person who is about to die and for the Book of Darkness, they have been fighting every day. Forgetting how to smile. That dark, melancholic eternal-like time was brought to an end by the Book of Darkness's last master, a single young little girl.

The young girl treated the Book of Darkness's knights like her own family. Because of that, the Book of Darkness's knights' hearts became filled with warmth and kindenss. Surely that's why.

The Book of Darkness's curse was harming the young girl but, the four knights' wishes to protect their bond, strong yet kind mages with courageous hearts, together broke the Book of Darkness's curse. The young girl and the book's spirit were both saved. And then, the young girl gave unto the book's once cursed spirit a name. The Blessed Wind, Reinforce.

It is now December, the young little girl, the mages and knights, everyone is fine and happy. But..."

Because of this backstory, it deviates a bit from the manga and anime. Anime version: Reinforce shortly has to be destroyed right after the whole incident is through, causing Hayate-chan alot of despair at the time. During my gameplay of the game itself. The game is going along the route as stated that Reinforce somehow by some miracle survives through it all and avoids the whole 'regeneration of the Defense Program' part and she must be destroyed to prevent it. While playing as Yagami household characters in general. Each of the story lines basically state that Reinforce is no longer in her best state due to all the damage she had recieved previously and most of her magic has been given up to Hayate-chan in general. In Reinforce's storyline I believe, there was a talk about a second Reinforce that would probably have to be born to support Hayate-chan's mage capabilities instead of Reinforce.

Thus we see Vita all tsundere-like and all mad because Reinforce was being stupid. Signum punishing Reinforce for the same reason, etc, you know in their respective story lines.

There's that much in terms of deviation, but then again, we all love what ifs don't we? -stares at the Reinforce rabid fanclub-

Last edited by Hayate22; 2010-03-22 at 23:07. Reason: added other stuff.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote