View Single Post
Old 2006-12-18, 18:37   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Signpost

The animation felt of dry texture, and the coloring had a white hue of lighting.

The pacing was slow but not dragged or outstretched.

I can divide the plot into three segments.

1. Tetsumasa starts his search for Iokawa and meets Kotomi on the same train ride. Tetsu has no much of clues to start and is kicked out of his sister's place for wallowing in pity for poor Karada. He then wakes up and with Kotomi's help, Tetsu raises his resolve to find Karada.

2. I do not know exactly which is the geographic place in Japan where Karada ended up with. What's known she's staying at a pension owned by a couple, the Isokas, and in spite of her fears and, what she views as, her sense of guilt she made clear to Shouko on the phone not to worry about her; she's not going to return.

3. Shouko's conversation with Hiro. Looks like Hiro feels totally overwhelmed for not having stopped Karada from leaving in time and wallows on self-pity much to Shouko's disgust. She's upset at Hiro because he's now not doing anything for Karada, although his thoughts and face give away his anxiety and yet not even takes the bother to notice Shouko.

When Kotomi offered Tetsu her sensei's place to stay the night, then I immediately deduced where they'll be ending taking homestay, and I was right.

The Isoka pension where Karada is staying.