Thread: Licensed Kaichou wa Maid-sama [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-22, 02:05   Link #1
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Kaichou wa Maid-sama [Manga]

I just recently picked up this series from the bookstore... has anyone heard of it? I haven't translated very much yet (there's a TON of text on each page) but I'm very enthusiastic about it. It's romance/comedy.

Misaki, the overbearing, extremely aggressive, quick-to-snap class president is always cracking down on guys. She attends what used to be an all-boys high school and the guys still have a slight mindset that they can do whatever they want and terrorize the girls at the school. Misaki's always there to defend the girls but often times, she can actually be a little unfair to the guys... she treats them like baboons, really. :P

That's all swell until the most popular guy at school, Takumi, finds out that Misaki works part-time at a café... as a maid.

Misaki realizes that her reputation at school could be ruined at any moment, or that Takumi might want to blackmail her, but he doesn't... however, that doesn't mean he can't tease her now. The relationship between the two is a bit like Kona+Kagami, or even Sumomo+Kotoko - Misaki is serious and hard-working, and laid-back Takumi likes nothing more than to ruffle her feathers.

It's got some sweet moments in it, too, but I won't spoil those..
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote