View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 00:03   Link #55
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
That's the difficulty with Misa, she's too rational which is a great hinderance to people too smart for their own good. And the girl is more than the sum of her family pride and military training. She also has a store of emotional experiances that she's kept suppressed in order to direct the soldiers under her command against a giant, walking nightmare. The moment she identifies emotionally to any one of the 'numbers' in the field are the times she's incapable of doing her job as the XO and air control.

Misa has uncompromisingly high standards, a cold relationship to her father, rigid adherence to authority and is a stickler for responsibility and duty. Throw in the continuous need to prove herself and you have the making of a death wish. In short, she somewhat starved of love with few close friends and confidants. Nuts, even her first kiss had no love behind it.

You've just pointed out why I found looking at the girl so painful in the beginning. She's a walking head with so many emotional ties damaged or missing that there were times I've wondered how she keeps functioning.

Amazingly enough, these are the very attributes that allow her to work out how the Zentradi mindset operates and from there figure out how to save her own life and the human race. If Misa was born a Meltandi she would have made a very effective fleet commander, until some space rogue came along and showed her 'culture'
You're talking to me as if I've seen the whole series. I really don't see her as the least bit machine-like as you seem to. She's just the head bridge bunny to me, who acted out a bit this last episode for a reason that most people wouldn't have. At least as I believe.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote