View Single Post
Old 2011-08-28, 22:06   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Beanman caught the bouquet. He and Jiromaru?

I was very pleased to see the series put on the big boy pants and deal with matters of consequence again. It's awkward because it's been so long and there were definitely some flat spots, but on the whole it was a good episode. Hopefully now that all the feelings are out in the open this whole never-was nonsense between Ohana and Tohru can be put away for good.

Minchi... At times I love her because she's the only one in this cast who calls BS, and there's a lot of BS. But she's definitely not likable. She's not just anger-prone, but prone to violent anger and when she angers, she really tries to hurt. She has a fundamentally self-centered worldview and really needs to grow up. Since Ohana has basically been flat since the first episode, there really hasn't been much character growth from any characters I care about, so even the little that we saw from Nako was like water in a desert.

I still bank on the forever alone end, but at least the Ohana/Kou situation will be dealt with in some capacity. I never thought even a series this obtuse would simply ignore it, but I was worried a bit. One quibble, though - how dense does Ohana have to be to think she has a "one-sided crush" on a guy who confessed to her in the first episode? If she couldn't see that a guy who confessed liked her, what chance was there she'd see Tohru did?

Nice job blowing off your otouto's wedding, Satsuki. But getting Ohana off the pot and sending that note makes up for it. Hearing Yuina read that, oh my - I had to splash some cold water on my face. If only she'd been in a massage chair as she read it...