View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 15:41   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
See, but this just raises two more questions.

For one, wouldn't that mean that when Haruka's acting out, Kanata is the only one that the family can punish for it? Why allow the Unfavorite to have so much freedom? Leading into the question that really bothers me:
The family doesn't want to deal with her that much, but unfortunately, the anime also skipped a major chunk. If it isn't explained next week, I will give the headlines of the "other reasons".
Quote:
Why would the family try to hurt her with the posters? If they were trying to punish her, couldn't they just stop paying for her schooling and residence, forcing her either back under their roof where she can't embarrass them, or else send her somewhere far away? I assume they're still her legal guardians, even if she's physically out of their reach now that she lives in residence, and isn't being groomed as the heiress.
The family has legal obligations to take care of Haruka, which includes education. Even if we assume they have political influence, that wouldn't work at all. Also, public image would be tarnished if they dump a child in such fashion.
Also, another reason is tied with the first question, but alas ignored by the anime adaptation.