Thread: Gundam - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-08, 05:46   Link #131
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
Hi, I'm new to the gundam series. I've watched Gundam Wing on Cartoon network a few years ago and remember liking it. I want to get back to it. At first I intended to watch Gundam Wing again (I only saw a few episodes originally and now I can remember it only barely), but I saw a few reviews claiming that the series was overrated and I should watch some 'newer' series.

Any recommendations then on where I should start my reintroduction to Gundam? Thanks!
Ask a hundred and you will get a hundred responses. The fact of the matter is that most Gundam shows are created by different people, and have drastically different styles which attract different tastes. The only thing left is to poke your head into a show and see if you like it. Just about every recent Gundam show (except Gundam Seed Destiny) is geared towards new audiences which means you need no prior knowledge of the franchise to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackoutx View Post
Im new to gundam but I love the games and the art work but a lot of people tell me that gundam is all japanese. Is there any english gundam series? I swear it was on t.v. when I was a kid. (I live in Australia)

Actually more to the point... Can I get gundam 00 in english???
The following have been released (dubbed) into English:

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
SD Gundam Force (first season)

No, Gundam 00 is not dubbed yet. Though you can find English fansubs on Animesuki (along with the rest of the Gundam franchise).