Thread: Gundam Seed
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-18, 15:36   Link #32
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
This is an addendum to my previous post, which was posted in rage, and may not have made too much sense.

I suppose my questions to the Dusters--the people who handle the dubbing--is why are they unable to take the time and find the right cast and give the proper coaching to the cast? I consider myself one of the most vocal person against Dubbing on the internet and off, not because of a rabid desire for the show to stay like when it was fansubbed, but out of the love of a show I've come to hold as one of the best shows I have seen. I am perfectly fine with the concept of dubbing in and of itself, and I realize that there is a giant market(North American) out there that is "too lazy to read subtitles." What I cannot stand, is the complete destruction of characters painstakingly built by the original producers and Voice Talents as soon as the first line is spoken in English. With all that said, I support dubbing, if and only if it is done faithfully to the characters and story itself. There is only one recent dub job that impressed me thoroughly and grants me hope for the better; that production is my yard stick in dubbing--it's not an anime, it's the Metal Gear Solid series, both One and Two. I have heard both the Japanese version and the English version on each title. The dub cast and their work on each game, lead by the Inimatable David Hayter, are the epitome of North American localization.

So far, I've not seen anything like it--that is what pains me so.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote