View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 13:20   Link #366
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I have always thought that the manga adaptations are mostly there to advertise for the source.

It's a mutually beneficial arrangement though: as those who are already interested in the novel might be interested in the manga (for ksk, I much prefer the manga's art than the LN illustrations). On the other hand, those who purchase Monthly Comic Alive (or other periodic manga compilations) would be exposed to other stories and eventually become interested in the source material (this is what happened to me).

I stated multiple times: at its current rate, the ksk manga will never catch up to the LN. I am fine with that thoughbecause Charlotte looks 10x better. Conversely: what will happen if the manga caught up to the LN and exceeded it?

On the ugly side of things, there are some decent manga out there that get axed (ie: Mx0) in favor of new ones (or in come cases, like Iris Zero, the author/illustrator get sick/just disappear?). I will be honest and say the big 3 and other decade long manga has to go (lost interest in Bleach a long time ago).

I almost forgot about the existence of Ah My Goddess (basically a 20 year old long tease) until I accidentally clicked on the wrong thread on this forum when browsing over my phone. I guess when a behemoth like that comes to an end I can just shut myself in during a long weekend and go through the series in one go.

*still waiting for anime announcement*
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote