View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 23:49   Link #88
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Hands down the most moving show I've seen is Bokurano. If this show doesn't move you then, frankly, you might be a sociopath. Any description would spoil it, but if you can stick around for the first few epsiodes, which are a bit slow, this one becomes one of the most incredible tragedies ever put into anime form.

Also, I can't believe none of these have been said so far but Berserk and My-Hime.

Both of these have a pretty high potential to be moving, and moving or not Berserk is just plain awesome with stupendous, timeless animation.

My-Hime is the kind of show that lure you in with the cuteness but has a dark twist.

Also you said FMA, did you mean the original series? The sequel is much better IMO.

D. Gray-man is another similar shounen show with some moving parts, but it has a lot of action and sometimes all that action can get boring. The latter half of the manga has gone down the tubes, but the first 103 episodes of the anime are pretty epic, especially the stunning conclusion which, quite literally, brings it all back to where it started.

Also, I echo School Days . This show is IMO, a must-see if you can stand a little violence and understand the harem show archetypes that this show is deconstructing.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote