View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 04:12   Link #1299
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Well... AnimeNewsNetwork is the only source on the internet that tells you that Haganai Next will have 12 episodes. But they don't posted any sources where they got this information. This could be also some kind of placeholder with the usual 12 episodes listed out first.
ANN saying 12 episodes is totally meaningless because they do indeed do this as a placeholder. However, in this case, I think it happens to be a reasonable guess, since I would be quite surprised for the sequel to be two-cours when the first season was only one. I'm not saying it's impossible... but it would be most unusual (you can probably count the examples from the last decade on one hand), and in this case, I would not bet on it. Of course, I'd be fine with being wrong... just I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

(Edit: One of the supporting reasons I would offer is the timeslot on TBS, which has been filled with one-cour shows for some time now. There are already two shows confirmed for TBS in April which are likely (but not confirmed) to go in the same timeslot. In addition, the soundtrack for the second season has already been scheduled for end-March, and it's not too common for the soundtrack to be released that far before the presumed end of the show (since the music wouldn't necessarily all be done that early).)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No at all, I remember there are stories that the first season skipped from the firsts novels.
That is doubtless the case, but their goal isn't necessarily to adapt every single story/part of the novels, just to convey the overall idea. I'm not saying whether that's better or worse, but it's not invalid either. The novel still exists, after all. If the anime can do a passable job telling the story and get people to also buy the books, that's still (potentially) a win for the publisher, and it may be all they can achieve within their budget.