View Single Post
Old 2008-02-09, 20:38   Link #1867
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's been my experience that palet's shipping costs scale up very quickly. When I've ordered two items from them, my EMS cost was around $32-36 (North America), and when I ordered 3 items it was around $47. I think that's because they have some sort of calculation by weight (which is how EMS is priced to begin with). So I'm not sure how much the items weigh, but I'm guessing that, in the end, Himeya will end up being cheaper simply due to their shipping cost calculations.
It is quite surprising... I mean well a CD case weight is like what...? 50 g at most? (hard... might be a random number I pulled off of my brain). I wouldn't be much surprised for 1kg etc, but... 3 items resulting into 47?
*Sigh* I do wonder why approximation isn't available (because going reckless on such shop might give quite an obnoxious surprise...)
Quote:
Basically, Himeya eats some of the shipping costs when you order a lot (but bump up the cost of each item thanks to some extremely unfair currency exchange). Palet, on the other hand, gives you cheaper/more reasonable prices on the individual items, but charge a bit extra on the shipping to make it worth their while. So if you're ordering a few items, Palet's cheaper, but if you're ordering many items, Himeya will probably end up working in your favour.
I see... that's kinda what I concluded as well after reading your own experience... looks like a linear bias cost progression for himeya while it is a hyperbol for Paletweb.
Quote:
Anyway, in the end, I've basically come to accept that there's no cheap way to collect stuff from Japan! Hope that gives you some food for thought, but hopefully others will chime in with their opinions as well. (I am wondering, though, whether we should split it into its own thread, but I guess we'll leave it for now...)
Heh... That is basically what refrained me to do so until now . (I feel like my wallet will be extremely light once I will try to get my claws on LB Exctasy and Kamipani *sigh in depression*).
Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Klash, I don't know if this will be of any help, but the Higurashi games (both question and answer arcs) can be purchased via download if you go to 07th Expansion's site - Rei will become available sometime this month. That should remove the shipping burden!
Unfortunately, it seems that you must have a Visa, which is something I simply can't get (student, so see the problem). Furthermore... I have the stupid and insane habit to always try to get the said item physically ^^".
Good thing I'm not a "LE" crazed guy... yet...