*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Dear usual buyers on Himeya and Paletweb, I'm begging for help here

Here is what I would like to buy
Spoiler for shopping list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In some cases, it's actually cheaper to use an agent instead, especially if you can find all the items at a Japanese web store for a good rate. Typically they collect a percentage of the total but only have a single fee per order, and then they charge you the actual EMS shipping cost. So, in some cases, that may be cheapest of all, but I'm not sure how it would work for your order since you have a lot of doujin items.
I'm faced with this problem a lot myself . I've used Paletweb, Amazon.jp direct, and an agent service.

Warning, long post...

My agent service of choice is Japan-Auction-Agency, since they have a very nice shipping only service, where you order from the online store yourself, have them as the address, then they only charge a very small commission based on the total price range. From what I've seen, their shipping prices are fair, and they even give you the weight of your package for you to check against prices. Of course, by that time it's too late to change your mind...

Prices in yen, unless otherwise specified...

Spoiler for JAA shipping only service to Asia:
Spoiler for JAA store service and shipping only service to Asia:
Spoiler for Amazon.jp direct:
Spoiler for Paletweb to US:

Amazingly consistent pricing between all three companies, with shipping, fees and item markups being about 40% of the total cost. The JAA shipping only service is the only cheaper one, but not by much, and only applicable if you can order everything you need from one Japanese site yourself. Everything I've gotten from these companies have been well packed as well, so no damaged items.

EDIT: Everything expect Higurashi Daybreak Kai seems to be available on Melonbooks. You'd have to wait for Clannad Full Voice to be out to use the JAA shipping only service, but that'd probably be one of the cheapest ways to get what you want.

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-02-09 at 22:06.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote