View Single Post
Old 2006-10-04, 12:07   Link #35
Lost

^ Nicely put.

W00t! Sub done, OP for the fifth time! I'm impressed with the job Eclipse did on the subtitling for the lyrics. First thought: where our Main guy says why didnt the ceasefire come earlier, and zoom out to destruction, meaningful indeed. Shows some of his character so far.

//On his character; a war veteran whose one, only true burning desire now is to rebuilt and bring relief to people, yet with a dark past he has to use to bring this relief he wants, so that he cannot escape it. Intriguing.

I laughed my head off at the "You can't bite lightly; You call that lightly!?" part.

Someone compared this to FMA (or was that another thread) and I'm agreeing. So long as it doesnt end like FMA did and have the angst it had. I'm okay with the generous amount of humour. It isnt sufficiently emotional/dark yet, so humour would still be acceptable I guess ~ tho yes, admittably such humour is a little unsettling for a show that is set in a gritty war setting (or maybe I'm just jaded from FMA) but as long as it doesnt encroach on the real parts and the series delivers Emotional, then kudos.

//Then again, I suppose any agreement on my part with a comparison to FMA would be due to the humour, the presence of a cute Lt. and a cute puppy-dog. Looking at it again, I guess the drawing is more realistic then FMA's was. I think this show will get very serious (tho the ED really doesnt help in the serious department).

Actually the ED is getting me really scared. I would have preferred it to be darker, something that hints of dark deeds to come etc etc. Hmm. The ED really doesnt gel with the seriousness I'm hoping the Anime will deliver. Ah well I suppose I shouldnt be expecting too much at this early time.

In anycase, Wow, a great introductory episode. I am optimistic for this series. On the technical side; Animation looks good and clean, nothing really special; except for the Tank, which IMO was quite nicely done. Storywise, there's alot of potential, especially in the fleshing out of Olan, plus his relationship with Alice. Hopefully, it'll keep humour in its place. All in all, a guarded optimism would be necessary.

Now, the OP on the other hand....

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-04 at 13:13.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote