View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 07:25   Link #656
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Examples please.
Fractale

Chihayafuru also hasn't been doing well.

Quote:
I would argue that the industry has clued in. But high production values can be costly in and of itself, so studios can wonder if the added sales that would arise from that is worth the added cost of production.
If the difference can be either a loss or profit, then i would bet my money on something that generates profit instead.
Even the "cheaper animes" already costs alot to produce. So if the secret of selling more animes was the animation style, then everyone would have invested more money in their production if it guaranteed decent sales. But alas it isn't, because it was proven from the sales in the past that the animation style is not the only thing that makes people want to buy your DVD's or blu-rays.

Quote:
How would you say tastes have changed over the past six years? What differences do you see in the anime selling well today and the anime that sold well six years ago?
Actually if you compared the animes that sold well in 2006 to last year, then you can see quite some obvious differences.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109699
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote