View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 14:31   Link #31121
qno2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Late response is late, but those two situations are only vaguely similar, in that the group members aren't strictly listed by name (like "Kyrie's group" in EP4). The differences, which are pretty meaty, are that
1. "everyone else" is a group that should comprise of people who aren't in either of the other two groups, which cumulatively account for all 18 people, and
2. "everyone else" is resolved with Shkanonigans, which I wasn't aware Kyrie had access to.
I am talking about the general LOLred-trickery that could be applied.

The narrative implied that "everyone else" means Rudolf, Krauss, Jessica, a few others I can't remember, and, as we are led to believe, Kanon. Because the red didn't name each of them it was possible for Kanon to "escape", since "he" was never there to begin with, at least not as a human being in a world without magic. Due to the imprecise nature of this red, one person that we thought was included in the red statement... wasn't.

The red for 'the six that were killed' doesn't name each of them, but by the narrative we assume that it's about Kyrie, Rudolf, Krauss, Natsuhi, Eva, Hideyoshi. With a heavy load (!) of assumptions (which are ultimately all bullshit anyway considering that it's not an intended answer) we can construct Kinzo as the sixth, therefore the red is not accounting for the "seventh" person. Due to the imprecise nature of this red one person can be added to the situation, enabling a person that we thought was included in red the statement to "escape" the red-proclaimed death (without going all meta).

At least I think that it's a similar mechanism. Or it would be one, if the latter had been used.

Of course I agree with the various notions that speak against the true-Kyrie-fake-Shkanon-culprit. Although it is an amusing thought, having Shkanon run around to stake the bodies that Kyrie left behind (Benny Hill-style; though Shkanon got lazy in EP3 and 4) to force Battler into believing a witch did it, so he can reject the notion of witches EXISTing in general to their 'epic' battle of incompetence vs. ahaha.wav ... alright alright, let's go with the intended answer again - enough fooling around.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Ryukishi scrapping Land was the first step to what some call the general derailment of Chiru (personally I still liked it overall but ... we all know the general reactions to it). Hopefully he won't have any mercy with his readers next time he writes a When They Cry (assuming he does).
qno2 is offline   Reply With Quote