View Single Post
Old 2008-12-26, 18:45   Link #32
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
So.... they might actually try to cover book 10 even though it's not out yet. Kinda depressing as that implies they're confident the series will end there.
One volume dedicated to Taiga and Ryuji cementing their relationship is more than I can ask for already. There really isn't anymore to it from what volume 7,8,9 all builds up to. Unless we are talking about Clannad's style of a story, which ToraDora most definitely isn't, then I really don't see a need to further extend the story.

For the majority of the time, the best stories are told when there is a definite end/goal in the author's mind. The structure of ToraDora shows that it is a prime example of this kind of a story. If artificially extending the story's length to a second season just to please some fan craving means the integrity of the story is sacraficed in the process I would rather not have one at all.

Right now the package is nice and tight, and very well thought out and executed. I'm liking it just the way it is.

Quote:
It seems strange though, normally you'd think giving the ending away would hurt book sales.
The ending of the anime would come out at around the same time as the book. Plus this isn't some mystery novel we are talking about, it's a love comedy series where anyone can already see the end pairing from the get go so giving away the ending is not going to hamper the enjoyment of it at all, because the enjoyment is in the path leading up to the ending.