View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 16:53   Link #24814
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
And why not? How do you know? If we suspend our disbelief and suppose this fictional disorder to actually have occured in Touya, then we are looking at a unique, scientifically unresearched disorder with no guarantees whatsoever about anything, including the stability of his identity. In fact, what seems to be the closest representation to Touya's state is a fugue state, of which often times the end result is a return to the original personality and memory loss of the fugue personality.
A fictional disease?
Wait, are you suggesting Toya might have some sort of Purupuru Pikopuyo disease?
Sure, if he has something of the sort then everything is possible.
However forgive me however if I'm not interested in discussing a fictional disease Ryukishi made up.

If Toya's problem is he's suffering of a fugue state (which is already a rare psychiatric disorder), Ryukishi is altering the normal description of a fugue state for his own means. In short if it's rare to get a fugue state, to get an anormal fugue state should be even harder, if it's even possible.
It borders in the realm of fictional diseases and therefore again I'm not interested in it.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote