View Single Post
Old 2006-07-07, 17:30   Link #73
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

In Love With The Rain Clouds (Ep. 14)

The weather forecast predicted that there won't be any rain at all this week.

It's not that I dislike sunny days.
However, if the dull sunny weather continues on for days after days, then anyone would begin to long for the rain clouds.
If the same monotonous sunny sky continues for a whole week, a whole month, a whole year, then anyone would begin to long for the rain clouds.

The weather experts would line up various past data and analyze them carefully before announcing their predictions, so the forecasts don't usually miss their marks. I know that.

......But, that's exactly why I look up at the sunny sky, waiting for that one day where the weather forecast just might miss it's mark.

Does that make me a rebel?

Even as I wait and wait, sometimes the boredom of a fine sunny sky with no rain clouds feels suffocating to me.
If people could actually suffocate to death by something like this. ...Then the population on Earth probably wouldn't have grown this large.

Which means, ...I must be the only person who can suffocate by something like this.

That's why.
......I become overjoyed at the sudden evening showers in summer evenings that couldn't be predicted even in the weather forecasts.

How can I explain it, so that you can understand my feelings as well?

For example, let's say tonight's dinner is going to be curry rice.
But when I got called to the dinner table, it was actually a dish of fried eggplant and green pepper.

It was just something that mom decided to change on a whim.
But I'm really glad for that whim. It's true that I don't really like eggplants or green pepper, but still, I'm glad.

I'm glad to see the collapse of the preestablished arrangement that said "tonight's dinner is going to be curry rice".
If we were to repeat this night for a hundred times, decidedly, there's going to be that curry rice that I'll have to eat a hundred times.

...And that curry rice has become fried eggplant and green pepper tonight. There's no reason why I won't enjoy this random happening.

I don't like preestablished arrangements.
I hate predetermined schedules.
I don't have love for boredom.

No matter how minor it may be, I always end up hoping for the occurance of something that's different from all the other days.

It's been decided that it's going to be sunny for a whole week, starting today.
That's what the weather forecast determined, and the god of weather is probably thinking the same too.

But, nobody can say with confidence that, ...by some random chance, ...rain clouds won't come even for just one of those days.

......The fact that there are always elements left in this world which nobody can be certain about, saves living things like me from suffocating.

Tomorrow is probably going to be a pretty hot and sunny day too.
But, only I know that a preestablished arrangement like that can be changed every once in a while... by a very slight chance that's probably barely 1%.

Placing hope in that 1% of something, I would hang the teruteru bouzu (weather doll) upside down on the edge of the house eaves on sunny days.
In the end, I'm living my life through hoping for such unexpectedness in all things in the world.

Why am I hoping for them? ...The thought popped into my head.

Why am I waiting for the rain clouds?

...That's simple. Because I'm tired of sunny skies.

Then, why is it that I'm waiting for the rain clouds?

...That's simple. Because the tomorrow that's been determined to be sunny is boring.

So, why is it that I'm waiting for the rain clouds?

In the end, it doesn't matter whether it'll be sunny or rainy tomorrow.

In the end, even if it rained, it would only be able to temporarily moisten the boredom that has made my heart barren.

That's why, rather than watching television dramas where the plot has already been determined,
...I prefer looking up in the sky instead.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-07-08 at 19:18.