View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 07:00   Link #114
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
If you're just saying that magical 'energy' has a waveform I don't have a problem.

If you're saying that magical energy is an EM wave, I do have a problem, mostly with the fact that EM waves have specific properties that don't include turning into glowing pink death balls because a little girl with a very fancy pocket calculator wanted them to.
I must admit I contradicted myself by oversimplify mana into EM like I did to gravity once to show how anti-gravity works. Promptly got shot down faster than Nanoha does Accel Shooter. *cringe*

I second the notion that magical energy has a waveform property. I believe it also has particulate properties, which I'm sure would come in handy in some way, just can't think of what at the moment.

Also, as an additional application of my anti-entropical theory on the nature of mana, is it far fetched to say that ceremonial spells appeal to the organized "living" characteristics of mana in order to cast them? As in, not just providing the maths to charge/aim/fire the spell, you also have to convince the magic to follow it?