View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 15:25   Link #52
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's...going a little too far. There are, of course, those ignorant, arrogant, and ultimately vile enough to believe and espouse such hateful doctrine (I readily admit there is probably more of these type of...people than I expect), but the Tea Party movement as a whole should not be so easily dismissed. There are many, hopefully a majority, of Tea Partiers (not necessarily the "official" representatives in Congress) who desperately want a civil discussion concerning these amazingly important issues (there are actually a few on this very forum, though they seldom enter these political threads). So please, try to vilify the individuals that make hateful comments, not necessarily the entire party/organization.
But a majority of the Tea Party thinks like that, james0246. Believe me, I seen it first hand (had a good conversion with a Tea Party, that went ugly fast) but rest of the Tea Party folks is good people, misinformed ofcourse but they are cordial and they just want government to get smaller not bigger.

Vexx, I was at school but I did read the whole thing and I have to be honest, I wonder why they want to throw blame on somebody that doesnt have any control of the situation. Like that S/P isssue, I remember plenty of times that Obama want both sides to agreed but GOP didnt want to play, even with the stimulus that wasnt his called, he still got blame for it. I just dumbfound about that. Obama screwed up from time to time but he was still trying to bring both sides to the table and actually getting stuff done.