View Single Post
Old 2008-05-14, 01:36   Link #383
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The current Naruto has already grown compared to that initial state. Being a genin was a perfect indication of his lack of control, something that a chuunin needs, he went on rampage like a monster. Kishimoto apparently decided to show Naruto's growth from genin state instead of just making him kage level in the timeskip, since he is a the main character i think it was a good decision, other characters didn't get that treatment, they just leveled up off screen (Gaara, Shikamaru, Sasuke, Sakura, etc.)

Regarding Naruto being a genin i think he would have graduated along with shikamaru if the chunnin exams weren't interrupted by orochimaru. Sasuke, Naruto would have met at the finals and sasuke had chidori but if naruto summoned gamabunta it would have freaked everyone including the 3rd. He just used kyuubi's chakra without any jutsu's besides shadow clones against neji.

Regarding naruto's growth in part II, he is shown still being an immature kid, other than a few fighting skills his growth as a main character lacks completely. If we take his role in the main story in Part-I it was to prove himself and to make others accept him for who he is. But in Part II it completely vanished besides drawing some pity on he being a host for the Tailed beasts. But that part is shared by many including Gaara.

Though i agree with you completely on kishi leaving naruto on gennin level to show his slow progress when compared to how sasuke gained MS (I think kishi rushed this part for sasuke too fast). It will be interesting to see how he grows to match sasuke someday.

Spectacular_Insanity :=

Quote:
Actually, I suspect Neji might be a wind element user, because of the technique he uses called Hakke Kuushou (Eight Trigrams Empty Palm). It looks a lot like a wind attack, and strikes with a crushing force from a distance. Which, as far as I know, is Neji's only mid-range technique.
I think neji's attack/defence relies on forcing his chakra from his chakra holes throughout his body in the case of kaiten and in 64 palms from his fingers to cut the opponents chakra(against the spider guy's web). Besides the wind element cuts the opponent physically instead of the chakra (Temari, Asuma's knife).

But neji's attack seems somewhat different. But it could be possible that Hyuga's have affinity with wind but if so kakashi would have mentioned it to naruto.

I don't think elemental attacks (Fire,Lightning etc...) could harm chakra itself (kyuubi - mass of chakra). Nothing is revealed of Yin/Yang part yet...

james3wk :=
Quote:
I have been wondering about that recently. Specifically, can Naruto go to a fifth or sixth tail? If the Kyuubi has been split in half, as has been indicated, then does that mean that Naruto only has 4.5 tails worth of chakra stored in his belly? This would certainly explain why he was losing himself so much during the Orochimaru scuffle, at only 4 tails out of 4.5, of course the Kyuubi would be in almost complete control.
That sparks some question in me too?.
How is Kyuubi able to survive when it was split into two halves ?
Did it acquire a personality like tobi/madara?

Regarding naruto not going above 4 tails. Its more like a plot jutsu. Remember in Part I why did it stopped at one when naruto fought against sasuke. Now against orochimaru it stopped at 4th tail.
I think one of the reason may be it corresponds to naruto's growth(his strength). In 2 1/2 years he got stronger till 4th tail. Kyuubi kinda restricts itself so that it doesn't kill naruto his host.

Last edited by ace_TZ; 2008-05-14 at 01:57.
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote