jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
About the same, yeah.

Graces (Wii) - 200,000 Copies
Vesperia (360) - 204,000 Copies
Vesperia (PS3) - 350,000 Copies
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (Wii) - 210,000 Copies.

So all things considered Graces didn't do that great, and Vesperia PS3, despite being a port, trashed all the others. So this is, for once, a very smart move on Namco Bandai's part.
Looking at the sales, this really doesn't make much sense at all. I guess they might've made Tales of Graces in a way that can easily be ported to the PS3. However I really don't see how that would be worth their time. What gamer doesn't have a Wii by now? Seriously. If you have a PS3 in Japan you probably have a Wii too. If you love Tales enough you would've already bought it for the Wii.

If they're not going to localize Vesperia, they're probably not going to localize Graces for the PS3. Unless a miracle happens and it sells millions.

To be honest I really don't care about Tales of Graces, I am however very intrigued with that extra PS3 Tales game they announced. If the real game is anywhere near the concept art I'm sold.

PS: I'm also somewhat frustrated that I watched Tales of Vesperia First Strike to hype myself up for the game (because I thought it would be announced at E3...)....and now I'm not sure if I should just play the Japanese version and train my Japanese.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote