View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 03:36   Link #75
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're not explaining why it would not be consistent, considering you have dodged the question 3-4 times it's becoming clear to me you don't know why.
Reasons why a 'happy' superidol single Ranka ending will be inconsistent: (In a nutshell)

-Take note, that the supergalactic mecha love story didn't begin with Alto and Sheryl hitting it off, it was about Alto and Ranka having an interesting encounter. (ep. 1) Also, if you notice after they separated, Alto's after comment on Ranka was: "What a strange, woman." Then he smiled. He said, 'Onna', woman lol
-Alto and Ranka both inspired each other to take the next step to their own paths. Ranka to Ms. Macross, Alto to SMS.
-The two became close friends. Texting, chatting, more texting, and more chatting in the future episodes.
-Alto and Ranka's relationship was developed little by little in the first four episodes, sealing it off in the Nyan Nyan restaurant when Mikhail accidentally pushed Ranka to Alto.
-Alto does get linked with Sheryl, but despite that, the Alto and Ranka 'platonic' bond that happened in the first 4 episodes was never forgotten since it did nothing to Ranka but develop stronger feelings for Alto. (Just a fact that the writer isn't being inconsistent here)
-Despite the Sheryl invasion, the two are still shown to be really close as Alto even sneaks away from his job just to listen to Ranka. And mind you, Ranka doesn't have to force him. ^_^ There's no doubt Sheryl's spending more time with Alto, but where is the camera looking at? Ranka's side of the boat.
-Ranka sees strength in Alto. She shined the brightest everytime she incorporates Alto in her thoughts. First at the Folmo, now in the movie when she admitted her feelings for him and acted it out.
-Check out how Alto treats everyone around him and compare it to how he treats Ranka. He becomes a different person whenever he's talking to Ranka one on one. You might call it brotherly, but Ranka did make Alto blush more than Sheryl ever did. Just goes to show you that Alto doesn't see Ranka as nothing but an underdeveloped little sister. And that's a huuuge potential.
-Lastly, now that Ranka finally figured out her feelings for Alto, stardom will not pry her away from him. I doubt she's just going to be an ingrate who will forget the person who did a lot for her--in many ways-- to get to where she's at.

=Judging from future spoilers, it seems like the progression of Ranka and Alto's relationship will just develop even more for the better. Once it develops for the better, it's going to be really hard to bastardize the relationship so that a SherylxAlto ending will happen unless they kill Ranka. This is why for the 9053522th time, it's going to be incosistent, if suddenly, the character relationships suddenly flip flopped and Ranka was put on the sidelines for a Sheryl and Alto development. Even if there was a development, most likely will, spending halfway of the series developing Alto and Ranka's character relationship and then throwing it to the dirt is utterly ridiculous. It's not going to work.

Now if you please Westlo, I obediently complied here. It's your turn to state your view of why you think a non-SherylxAlto ending will be inconsistent. Please let's omit the Kawamori history and OP/ED casting, homage, Macross SDF references and just stay in Macross Frontier. I would like to hear your stronger reasons based on what we were given in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
You gotta realize I see things a bit different, when most people were jumping overboard at the end of episode 6 in True Tears I was more confident than ever. Same for Kimikiss, same for ef, same for KGNE, same for VK. Ranka gaining the ascendancy at that point just makes me even more confident.
What a coincidence, I saw the same thing for those other shows you mentioned. Only difference is, I suddenly saw a Noe ending in Episode 11. That's that.

Quote:
Yes she dedicated her last song to a certain someone and touched her ear where the earring she gave Alto use to be because she couldn't say goodbye to her fans
Sheryl cried because she was touched--touched by Alto, her fans, and the fact that this was her supposedly last concert in Frontier. Again, not because she believes she was "no good" like how Alto and Ranka think.

Quote:
I'm curious by the way... if your "trumpcard" hasn't been said in the first 24 episodes you gotta admit that it's GG for Ranka don't you?
By that time, there's going to be a new trump card. I'm leaving it all to Kawamori since I know he's a consistent writer.