View Single Post
Old 2009-05-25, 18:33   Link #207
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Again, Using there Logic, the main character or rather Luffy is always to be in the spotlight, that's what I'm combating in this debate. Not to mention that was an explanation for why, I would call Oda a Luffy fan boy, and why this would be bad writing if such happened in X big event, that's out of Luffy' weight class.
Actually, they were arguing that it was logical for Luffy to be the central character because this Arc is all about Luffy saving Ace. And they're right. The entire Impel Down arc has been about Luffy saving Ace.

Quote:
There is a strength requirement.
Uh-huh. Something official or just your opinion? I've already given several ideas as to how Luffy can pull of a rescue while not being as powerful as Kizaru or even his underlings.

Quote:
But you said...
Yup. And he did. In fact, he was even warned by Boa that she couldn't help him in there. Even so he bravely stepped forward into the den with no help in sight.

Quote:
I guess it needs to be reestablish since this moron has not gotten any stronger, yet still try to do things, that are out of his weight class.

Why should we get progress when Luffy has not changed?
Because as I said before, the effort of going into Impel Down deserves rewarding lest they be rendered irrelevant. Whether that happens with Luffy saving Ace himself or helping Whitebeard save him is largely irrelevant to me, as long as Luffy has a part in that rescue.