View Single Post
Old 2010-07-16, 07:58   Link #1611
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Sorry again for double-posting, but I have some news regarding the Blu-Ray box set. On the Amazon ranking site I mentioned earlier, the set has been ranked number 1 every hour since 10:00 on 7/7 with one exception of 3 hours earlier today when it was number 2. It's still back at number 1. We're quickly approaching 10 days since it was available and it's still topping the charts. The numbers for this are going to be very interesting. I haven't seen a Japanese version anime Blu-Ray box set top over 10,000 sold so this may be the first one. (If there has been one, let me know and I shall be corrected)

In additional news, Kyoto Animation finally put up their shop page for the set. Normally the discount at Amazon is enough that KyoAni's special favor isn't worth it, but this time they are offering a mini cel that will be revealed later. Their cels are 15,000 yen apiece, which happens to more than cover the normal Amazon discount.

And I'd like to offer my apologies for spreading incorrect information. The "Taniguchi goes" segments that are on the BD set are not the ones included on the 2009 Limited edition DVDs (or the DVD compilation released in September). The listings state "Taniguchi goes! A new Journey of Mysterious Discoveries" which would indicate new segments.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT