View Single Post
Old 2006-08-09, 15:18   Link #51
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
just watched it...and im totally confused to wheather mion is good or bad >.<
Mion is Definitly NOT bad...
I understand how you got this idea though.., after the display of coldness we saw in her in the last episode.., but understand this.., she "had" to do that; as in.., she has to act in the way she did.

As to make clear to Oni-baba and the rest present in the room that she was able to act as the Lead Head of the Sonozaki in a situation such as that.., but also and mostely to shorten the entire process; as it to be less painfull for Shion.

From the moment Shion declared her love for Satoshi and after all she had done.., clearly she had to take some sort of penalty.., otherwhise those who where involved in the story like Kasai for example would probably face a much greater punishment..

So as to make Shion realise this Mion toke upon herself the burden to be the one who would act as the excutioner sort of speak.., she knew that Shion would not be able to leave there until some sort of punishment was given.., thus she went straight away and did what she had too..., even though she inside was absolutly against it.., but she knew it had to be done.

In fact.. we even see her vacilate when Shion is unable to perform the last distinction.., as in she tries to calm her down.

And then like we saw in this episode.., Mion herself too then also toke the distinction for Oni-baba in order for her to leave Satoshi alone.
But mostely Mion did this aswell.., because like she herself said.., it was unfair that only Shion had to go through that.., when they are both sisters.

Mion in fact ends up to be the person who probably suffers the most in Wataganashi-hen / Meakashi-hen.

She suffers for having seen Shion been put through much pain.., she suffers for having gone through the same punishment as Shion, she suffers when Keiichi doesn't view her as "that type" of girl even though she loves him so, she suffers when she heards that Keiichi and Shion went into the storage house; and in the end.. well.., after not only Shion takes her place but she imprisions her and will unleash all of her anger at her.
And is if at that wasn't enough.., when Keiichi arrives.., he mistakes her for Shion..

I belive the last part regarding on how Shion after "awakening" unleashed all the hatred and blamed everything on Mion could have been avoided if only... Mion had not acted as cold as she did previously..
But allass and this is where the irony lies.., Shion could not see that Mion inside did not wish to do as such.., and she above all.., view her as an equal.

Both stories are extreamly tragic.., and its what makes it all so perfect.., and why I so much love Mion & Shion