View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 10:37   Link #230
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras80 View Post
Well if we could that that would be so cool. : D Actually that was our first thought while designing the site. But (as exp pm'ed me) there is no feasible way to do that right now. (Impossible with UDP API, and no HTTP/XML Request code was written / implemented) We are parsing anime name dump, and group data to be update with anidb.(Yes we are using their ids). But the file data you suggested, It can not be done without parsing whole anidb. And website parsing is not something wanted. Btw we are not working online, all the data is (auto complete boxes) are cached on local.
No, why would you need to parse the whole site? If you're already parsing through AniDB like http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...ag=1#grouplist when Naruto Shippudden Movie is tagged, then only one page to parse through is needed. Also, the full group name is given in the anchor tag's title... Easy.

you only need to grab the abbreviations and display it there... People will actually have to go on AniDB to know what they stand for (a link is feasible)...

I don't think writing that function will be so difficult... (And I actually think that AniDB should have a screenshot comparison system available there... if they can provide such high bw's)
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote