View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 11:04   Link #232
ras80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichus View Post
No, why would you need to parse the whole site? If you're already parsing through AniDB like http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...ag=1#grouplist when Naruto Shippudden Movie is tagged, then only one page to parse through is needed. Also, the full group name is given in the anchor tag's title... Easy.

you only need to grab the abbreviations and display it there... People will actually have to go on AniDB to know what they stand for (a link is feasible)...

I don't think writing that function will be so difficult... (And I actually think that AniDB should have a screenshot comparison system available there... if they can provide such high bw's)
I think there is a misunderstanding, we are not parsing anidb website. We are just using the anime name dumps they provide daily to import daily anime name data to our database. Other than that they not providing any thing. Website parsing is pain in the ass as they change their layout, tags, html source regularly. If no constant data source is provided, web site parsing is not a solution. But I agree on that it would be great if they had this feature. BW is a problem for them as UDP API is banning you instantly if you make more than 2 queries less than 10 sec interval.
ras80 is offline   Reply With Quote