View Single Post
Old 2011-01-10, 17:36   Link #825
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pa...Pancake faces?

Ume-sensei's widefaces are awesome and adorable. I guess it's something of an acquired taste.

As for whether they fit the mood of the show... I think people are too quick to dismiss this anime as a dark/fucked up show simply because Urobuchi is involved in it. It's obviously not all going to be cats and rainbows, but I don't think it'll be quite as bad as people assume. Sure, Urobuchi has wrote some very messed up stuff before, but that doesn't mean he's unable to write something different and a little more light-hearted.
Well I think it may be a little quick to dismiss this as a drak/fucked up anime atm but 1st ep was rather trippy by any standards and while I love those character designs, I do feel they are a bit outta place with that type of atmosphere and animation.
Guess I'm a little to used to Hidamari Sketch's style of animation and atomsphere for these types of character designs.

Btw for such effort to go into this so far they made a pretty big error at the part when after Mami transforms, Madoka isn't holding Kyuube.