Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-29, 19:22   Link #794
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find this to be an odd complaint. Karuta is the main focus of the show, so it's perfectly natural for one of the two major tournament of the year to get that much episodes. What would you rather have them spend time on? There is nothing more important than this tournament for the cast. They've been focused on winning it since last year.

And it's not like it's been all about karuta. We've gotten character development and the bonds between the characters deepened.
I'm not worried about the fact it's karuta. (If I was, I wouldn't even be watching Chihayafuru anyways) I'm just worried about the pacing. This particular event is probably gonna go up to about episode 16-18, which leaves few episodes for any other important events. There's still the Queen/Master qualifiers for Chihaya and Arata, A-class for Taichi, etc. and those would probably have to feature their own single-episode focuses. As interesting as it is to see our heroes battle scary fake foreigners and quiz masters, I'm far more interested in seeing Chihaya battle higher level opponents, like Megumu.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote