View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 21:31   Link #153
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The thing I find fascinating about the character Kirino is how polarizing she has been to the Animesuki crowd. Not too many neutrals or moderates in discussing her.

I suppose thats the mark that an author likes to hear - that he or she has developed something that people feel strongly about (rather like the comment goggle-glasses girl makes when Kuroneko and Kirino meet and storm).
I do think one of the reason for the opposites is wether people think she is in love with or has a crush on her brother, or not. If you do, a lot of her actions makes more sense and are able to be seem on a better light instead of she just being a mean spirited person. Like on episode 11, although her way at going at it is bad, it's much better on the viewer eyes imo if you see her acting mean towards manami because she is jealous of her rather then just for the hell of it. There are many other situations like that too.

Of course all in all it depends on the viewer, but i think that distintion is an decisive point for many to like or dislike her.