View Single Post
Old 2011-04-10, 12:48   Link #35
Progbuusters

I'm late to the party. SW1 came out on Netflix last month, saw it, Then saw 2 on Hulu. I really liked it and the first season. The second season is deeper and for a mature audience. The dialogue between Lawrence and Holo is the main attraction. The way it progressed was great drama. I followed each episode's discussion thread where the theories were very deep. I had to keep in mind the most simple explanation is probably the best explanation though, plus I think people are hung up on the english translation, which I suppose may not be truly accurate and truly capture the essence of the Japanese language and way of thinking. I thought S&W is very Japanese thinking. Men don't express themselves like Romeo. Love is an understanding not a proclamation. Holo alludes to all these things and more while Lawrence unfolds them

I only base this on my limited experience in Japan and the interacting with Japanese friends, watching alot of old classics both in film and anime, etc etc.

It will be interesting when the English dub comes out and hopefully they translate it well.