View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 15:28   Link #233
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I kid you not when I predict myself to be highly underwhelmed by any sort of (inevitable) declaration from Mikono when they've put so much focus and suffering on Zessica's. Compare and contrast:
>Two guys, both love you, you're torn and cannot make up your mind, but everyone loves you, you run away from making a decision.
>You love one guy, he doesn't love you, a gay fabulous angel is fucking with your head, but you throw your life in front of his to keep him safe.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why I should care about Mikono.[/SPOILER]
No-one says you should care about her? Again, we're looking at this from POVs so different I don't see how they could be reconciled. ^^;; As I said in a comment about an earlier episode, I kind of see why Mikono is behaving way she is (apart from the obvious "plot" reasons), and while I'm not saying she's doing the right thing I can't judge her so hard as you or most people here. (Especially because I've seen similar situations play out around me.) Frankly, I'm looking forward to see what she'll do when she finally gets her act together.

As for Zessica, well - sorry but what I see is an in-your-face uber martyrdom with a lethal dose of wangst and a promising character getting reduced to a ball of "pity me for I am tragically in love and this is what defines my entire existence." I can't sympathize with this, not after it reached this point. The last character I've seen who could pull something like this off well was Saint-Just in Oniisama he, and that's because despite everything she managed to be a compelling character.
Spoiler for Gankutsuou/Count of Monte Cristo:
(But I do envy her for Mykage's kiss. Oh, that feathery bastard, why must he be so pretty.)

Quote:
Kuro come save me from this... hit me over the head so that I don't wake up for a few months.
*redies toy hammer* *boing* ^^;; eh, didn't work, now you have to watch it!

Quote:
In this episode, when Kagura has Amata pinned against the wall. Two lines are said by Amata as reinforcement to himself. The first line, if I remember correctly, is actually Amata's own line from Ep. 12 but that gets crushed firmly by Kagura. The second line, that he actually does anything with to fight back with, he's parroting Zessica.
He wasn't parroting Zessica - he just based his speech on the info he got from her (as it was Zessica who told him that the movie was based on a true story and he and Mikono weren't meant for each other). Of course one might ask (as I did back then) how Zessica knew that all that stuff was true, why neither Mikono nor Amata thought of actually doing some research to learn whether it's true or not before accepting it as hard truth, and also why no-one, including Zessica and Kagura wonders about how on earth the movie managed to be a (likely mostly) faithful retelling of something that happened 12000 ys ago and which really sounds like a load of bullcrap... but this is Aquarion.

Quote:
The important details seem to slip the characters' minds when its convenient, only appearing when it is useful for the plot.
And finally-- you see what I was complaining about way back. ^^;;

(Also, sorry I'm not really following the discussion - the opinions and attitudes are mostly very far from my own and I'm tired of arguing and reading about people hating on characters I like... I just noticed the above because I noticed my name. ^^;; )

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-29 at 15:40.