Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 22:23   Link #57
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
True. The Metro UI on phones has been doing *very* poorly, not only being butt-ugly, but also not having a very good usability, not even on a touch-operated device. That's why no one wants it, and that's why MS is now forcing it onto the desktop, even if it has absolutely no place there, and intending to shove it down the throat of every Windows user - in the hope that people wil get used to their retarded "Metro" child, and then as a consequence they hope people will finally start buying their damn Windows phone with Metro UI.
Sorry but do you have evidence to back this up? I know that Windows phones have been doing badly, but I attribute it to their lack of apps in their app store, not the "bad" metro UI. I frequent a lot of Apple/Mac forums and most Apple fans/people with iPhones prefer Metro to Android and claim that Metro is just as smooth if not more so than iOS 5. The responses I've been reading in threads discussing Windows phones is that the majority of people really like the design and how smooth the OS is, but there's not enough apps or they're too entrenched in their current ecosystem to warrant a switch.

Certainly I'm sure many individuals hate the Metro look on phones, but according to my own observations and articles I've read, it seems that the majority of people like it and sales are suffering only because Microsoft was late to the game and their App store doesn't offer much.