Thread: Licensed Tsuritama
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 15:17   Link #73
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... been a while before I have been online here, but this is one of the last Spring 2012 series I was planning to check out, so I thought I would say something at least, fully knowing I am extremely late to the party.

To be honest, the first ep of Tsuritama as a whole left me feeling somewhat ... well ... hmm ... with an unpleasantly disheveled feeling. It is kind of hard to describe, because I felt there were a lot of individual elements to the ep that were pretty good, but the mixture of them all somehow left an odd (in the negative sense of the word) feel in my mouth. (And btw I am with Haak - Haru grated on my nerves the entire ep.)

I have a feeling that some of the odd feeling could be due to it being a "first episode" and trying to do too many things at once to attract a wider audience, maybe? We'll see. I am definitely not giving up on the series, by any means! I feel that there are a lot of elements that could work very well in it ... if only the first ep did not remind me of a patisserie who had drunk too much coffee in the morning and frenetically tried to create something new only to come out with something weird.