View Single Post
Old 2005-12-26, 07:10   Link #62
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Now on to something completely different - namely the relative suckage of the evil player known as VLC. LytHka is, as we've seen many times before, talking in his sleep or something. I cannot verify this much lower CPU usage in any way.
Talking in my sleep, eh? Well, you forced me to repeat this test, using task manager, on MPC, Winamp and VLC. The MPC vs. Winamp difference is minimal (while I switched the skin in Winamp a few times to see if the modern ones contribute to higher CPU usage ), possibly in favor of MPC, while the difference in MPC, Winamp vs. VLC is quite apparent.
Spoiler for Winamp:

Spoiler for MPC:

Spoiler for VLC:

Perhaps your computer doesn't like VLC? But that is no reason for such hate against it. Upgrade your computer? One other thing I should note is that my PC is probably *a lot* slower than yours (AMD 2500 Barton, 256 MB DDR400 RAM, Radeon 9500 Pro 128 MB DDR, a dying disc ) so my other playback configuration shouldn't be screwed up (the one that is not VLC). I should also note that I turned off most of background OS processes (even my Firewall) just for this comparison. Otherway, I think it would've been pretty much the same.
Now, about the usage of softsubs, I think you know what I mean when I say that they are not needed with fansubs.

/me dances for the quick Fluffy ownage

Last edited by LytHka; 2005-12-26 at 07:36.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote