View Single Post
Old 2006-08-27, 21:16   Link #15
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
As for the discussion about the novels, I have to say that that's why I always read stuff after I see the anime - in order to get the most enjoyment from both sources.
Haha, lol, I would hate to sound like one of those people who read the manga then rag on the anime version incessantly. I agree the show is still good, absolutely. otoh, I'm sure that noone would complain were it to be twice as long with more juicy details.

I think I prefer it this way: I'd rather not spoil the novels by watching the anime first, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I don't think it's that bad at all. Compared to the crap I had to see from Higurashi, this anime is 500 times better. The things they cut out here were all within acceptable levels.
about higurashi: I dropped it because the story just didnt make sense to me.
I didnt get what the big deal was about watching a series of recycled characters act out fairly un-suspensful scenarios. After the first few, it even became predictable, in the sense that you knew something bad was going to happen one way or another.
There was no way to build the level of attachment to the characters that makes suspense work for me. Perhaps the game was much better.

It still seems popular, but I dont get the attraction myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Shana was pretty much the same too, imo J.C. Staff is actually one of the better companies at creating anime adaptations of novel originals.
Hrm, shana just fell apart near the end. The story stopped making any shred of sense, and probably anyone could tell it was being rushed off stage.

Have you read the novels? If so, would you recommend them?