View Single Post
Old 2007-05-06, 15:31   Link #43
Erio
Hiromi

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The Thread! It's Alive! ALIVE!!!
And I blame you, Kha, for creating this monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But what if AMF doesn’t dispel all magic, but simply the refined energy? That would explain why Linker Cores are unaffected.

Magic exists in two forms, the raw energy, or mana, and the refined energy that makes up a barrier, magic blast, or empowered weapon. What an AMF does in not make this energy disappear, but rather ‘unweaves’ the elements that held the spell together, reducing the spell to the energy it came from. Just like vibrations can shatter a rock, reducing it to nothing more then sand and dust, and AMF would ‘vibrate’ the spell apart. Since Linker Cores are the energy they would be reduced to, they would naturally remain unaffected.
Yes, this is where our theory that AMF emits 'waves' that disrupt magical spells is going. I think AMF should actually be "Anti-Magic-Spell-Field." As you say, raw magic does not disappear, only the spells, which are disrupted.

I'm thinking in Hunter X Hunter terms now...
(For those who have not watched HxH, go here)

Transformation (Transmutation): Used to change the properties of nen (raw magic). This is how elemental spells are produced (Fate's Lightning and Signum's Fire). But also, as Keroko says, the raw magic has to be transformed to be used as fuel for spells (even for non-elemental Divine Buster). The AMF 'waves' disrupt the transformed raw magic.
- Transformation is required for all mages.
- Characters who excel in this category: Hayate, Fate, Signum, Reinforce II
- Maybe Erio. Not sure.

Emission: Used to discharge the accumulated and transformed magic (Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker, Plasma Smasher, and all those long range spells).
- Subaru is bad in this category, as an example, while Nanoha is an expert.
- Characters who excel in this category: Nanoha, Teana, Chrono

Manipulation: In HxH it is used to control people or non-living materials, but here in Nanoha-verse it would be used to control certain spells (Accel Shooter, Plasma Lancer, Variable Shoot and almost all of Teana's spells).
- Apparently Teana is an expert in this category.
- Characters who excel: Nanoha, Teana, Chrono

Reinforcement (Enhancement): Used to increase efficiency of objects or body. All defensive (Barrier, Field, and Shield types. See Nanoha A's Comics) and healing magics belong to this category, as well as Caro's enchantments, Vita's Hammer attacks (Raketenhammer, Gigantschlag), and Signum's Knight Armour (or Knight Spirit, a Field-type magic defense. See A's episode 2). Since Field is a type of magic defense, AMF is also part of this category.
- Characters who excel: Vita, Signum, Shamal, Caro, Yuuno, Arf, Zafira
- Not sure about Subaru, but I think she belongs to this category too.

Quote:
As to barrier jackets, since they are either solidified magic or empowered Nano-machines (depending on your point of view) they are like reinforced concrete. Normal concrete will collapse far easier then reinforced concrete. The amount of power needed to 'unweave' a barrier jacket or Intelligent Device would far exceed that necissary to unweave an offensive spell.
I would probably put Barrier Jackets in this category:

Materialization (Conjuration): Used to create physical objects out of raw magic (Vita's Schwalbe fliegen). Materialization users in HxH can create items with special abilities imbued into them. For Barrier Jackets, these special abilities would be Barrier, and/or Shield magic defenses.
- Characters who excel: None, as the Intelligent and Armed Devices take care of the materialization process.

And the last category:

Specialization: Anything that doesnt belong to the other categories. Hayate's status effect spells come to mind.
- Character who excel: Hayate, Reinforce II, and specially Reinforce I (Ability to use all categories with 100% efficiency, anyone? )

----
Oh, I love HxH's Nen. And after writing this post, HxH's 'energy system' sure makes sense, even when applied to Nanoha-verse.

BTW, I have no clue what categories Subaru and Erio excel in. I would assume Erio eventually would be good with Lightning attacks, but there is not enough info right now.

I hope you enjoyed this comparison as much as me.

Last edited by Erio; 2007-05-06 at 17:06.