View Single Post
Old 2007-10-20, 17:31   Link #1
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Do Fansub Groups Ever Die?

Something that I thought of while looking through the Classifieds and seeing that not only have Oyasumi "reformed" but a group called SD Project (who I admit I don't know very well) are apparently living again after suffering brain-death: do groups ever really die?

Sure, there are some pretty major groups that have imploded, usually splitting off into several smaller groups (Ryoumi being one of the latest examples), but a lot of the time, when groups die because of members drifting away - it can be quite likely for them to reform.

I, for one, thought Oyasumi were long out of the picture so was quite surprised to see an ad for them - and it brought up several questions in my mind. 1) Why are groups "resurrected" either from long periods of inactivity or death and 2) why not release under a different group name, even if all the staff are the same (which they usually aren't, as is the nature of most groups).

Just something I pondered over while browsing - feel free to add thoughts if the topic interests anyone
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote