Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-28, 11:08   Link #5782
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
The problem is Oriely masquerades as a newscaster, who bringing "truth and balanced" news to you, the same goes for all the opinion people, who are just "trying to bring the truth" to your home. It's fine to be a pundit/opinion machine but to claim a spade is not a spade is just wrong, because again the people who watch t.v. as their main source of information, and to an extent the people on the internet are extremely gullible.

The news sells when the peddle fear, and what sells better than war and the possible end to civilization of the world. That's why you see hollywood pushing the end of the world movies because humans are afraid, and once they are afraid it is easy to capitavate them because fear makes us less rational, less logical, and with fear we are addicted to knowing about our fate, that's why late night news casts always try to hook their viewers with fear mongering headlines, fear that forces you to watch.
I stopped watching news stations well over 10 years ago. Infact, even though I have cable internet, I do not have a cable box, and do not watch tv. At all. I'll go to a sports bar or hang out with my dad to watch football. That's it. There's just so much crap on TV, and I can find so much more through the internet, it's not even funny. And you're right about news selling fear. That's why 99% of the stories you here are about wars, murders in nearby cities, criminals on the loose, and anything else negative they can come up with.

Don't even get me started on the reality shows... What a waste of space.