View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 01:30   Link #44
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Such a good episode! It is a bit disappointing that most people's suspicions were confirmed and the brains were all criminally asymptomatic as expected, but given how glorious the rest of the ep was, I don't care.

Akane was great this ep. So determined, so intelligent! So cool. Maybe she's working with Sybil for now, but it's hard to believe that she'll be fine with being their puppet in the long term. She's not going to stand for it, and she even negotiated her own terms for saving Makishima. I particularly liked the way that she reminded Gino of Kougami, the way that she felt she understood Makishima a little, and her conversation with her friends and Kagari. Once this is over, Akane might be able to work out a way forward...that is, if Sybil doesn't decide to kill her once it has Makishima's sweet, sweet brain in a box.

...I really hate that Kagari is confirmed 100% stone cold dead, though. I liked him. I suppose the way the series has been going, there wouldn't have been any real screen time for him if he'd still been alive, anyway. Yayoi and Shion have had hardly any. I think Masaoka and Gino will still have some more in them, though.

By now, the second OP has really grown on me. The lyrics are appropriate and the animation is also very nice. I like the new puzzle effect they've had for the past few eps.