Old 2007-09-14, 22:55   Link #9890
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[Kamina] Can't a man even rest in peace? [/Kamina]

Time to hack some good backlog growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
It's been a while but here's part 6 of my ongoing ficlet A visit to MD6, otherwise known as 'training' on the OC directory...Hmm I'm going to have to get that changed.

Earlier parts
Part 1- Err we need a new training partner
Part 2- Get Set
Part 3- Exercise Start
Part 4- This is going well...
Part 5- Blades win?

I'm still not sure if this is going to be the final version... While I'm happy with what I've written at the moment, things are capable of changing depending on feedback and other factors..
Spoiler for Part 6- The calm after the storm:

Spoiler for Extra Info:

Comments/Flames/Etc... welcome. Just keep the flames civil please
Nice debriefing to top off the Forward's mock exercise there, along with a careful analysis of the actions and mistakes both sides did. That bit with Teana and her comment was the best part, if only because it reminds me of a discussion along a similar gist back here.

(Basically one of the patrons at my net cafe, who happens to be my cousin, said that "killing is fun", in front of my older brother, who was to be deployed to counterinsurgency (COIN) operations soon. The discussion basically went along the same vein, on how it's much easier to think and talk about killing in the frontlines than actually doing it.)

Anyways, seems we're gonna have another mock battle, this time between two experienced squads, NAISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe View Post
I'll kill him even more if like that and looks at other girls. He may only do that to me but I'll still beat him for being like that. I think I'll kill him when he's sleeping.
*backs away slowly*

Very scary Caro here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe
Yup. And I kinda make my own avatars. just like moving them, changing the color ,and sometimes adding borders. I just the pics of people and edit them. thats it really.
Another shopper, nice. Need more of those around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe
Also got a little bit on my character.
Spoiler for My character(preview):

Do you approve of this new loli? I'm thinking of the whole story thru and more detailed and maybe a new name for her. I drew a pic but my scanner is being dumb so if it works i'll show you how she'll look.* got new ideas and better*
*presses submit and runs away*
For a first attempt, it's forgivable at least. Nice way to dodge the Ion Canon by making it post Strikers Don't think a sister to Caro has been done before. Might want to look at Keroko's pieces for inspiration on how to flesh out this scenario more. Otherwise, has potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Actually, I'd like a piece of that action...especially since it coincides very well with a profile update of mine to give David Brown a temporary Upgrade (ie Limit Break) By allowing the machines within to surface...

Like this: Mecha(Not Mine!)
(I would embed this but I don't know how (or can't get it to work, more like...)

Since early speculation included the idea that he might have been used as a basis for Early Einherjar development, it makes sense that he would be to them what Subaru and Ginga were to the Numbers...

And if it turned out that he couldn't turn them from their destructive path...

THAT is one impressive Limit Break mode there

APPROVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*begins mowing down Backlock with a machine gun starting with posts about him and moving on to new content.*

More or less it's about like a game of CS where two guys are left and one has a SAW and the other one has a scout...

Vita: ZOMG come outs you campin nub!!!
Felix: LOL nu-uh! Youz gots to find me, lolololol!!!

And worry not significant property damage will be accumulated before this is over make no mistake.

Oh nice analogy... though I find that it's actually quite easy to defeat a sniper in CS, provided you know how to take advantage of cover, timing, and speed And judicious use of grenades

Vita's gonna need a different set of tactics if she's gonna smash Felix's head in though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
Years of RTSes and RPGs have finely tuned my munchkin meter and given be a severe aversion to their kind as well. When I watch or read something I tend to form a rough "power level" that I think it should function at and then try to stick to that when writing or RPing about it. I also have some history in this sort of thing I used to and still do sometimes do what we call "story debates" on another board which is local slang for for forum role playing. Some of these are huge, easily the size of this thread and some of them have a half dozen threads with several thousands of posts each, most of those are "empire" debates though. (the person controls a state or group.) I tended toward the "character debates" where you have one guy or a small group.

These groups were often rather volatile to start (and later too) so arguments over power levels could become important and heated when they clashed. It was best to head it off at the pass and just try to keep the powers and such sane to begin with and you learned to spot Hax attempts (and common offenders... mumbles something about majestic and commandos.) pretty fast. All that is also why I found this thread a bit easier to slip into then some might, I've written dozens of character and ship profiles before, sometimes just for fun, it was something of a hobby acutally and one of my favorite parts of the entire process.

So yeah I guess experience combined with a sharp sense of what's "fair" has made me something of an anti-hax crusader that always tends toward the lower range of anything given settings power level and is prone to sniping at perceived abuse.

Whoops... rambling again.
So that's why you tick Well, I guess anybody with as much forum RP experience as you have would be most suitable to be H4XX moderator (I do know how hasslesome it would be when a forum RPer persistently defends his H4XX despite all the evidence and arguments against it ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
Well neither is going to back down, in fact they're going to keep escalating so yeah it’s evolved from a violent spat into a full blown battle. They might stop if someone directly ordered them too, but needless to say no one’s going to realize it’s even happening until they acutally blow up part of the training grounds. But of course they'll be manly warrior bonding afterwards when they're both laid up... err wait that didn't come out right at all.

"Explosion!"

Wait, Vita put down the hammer! I didn't mean you were manly!

"Gigantform!"

*flees in terror*
"Manly Warrior Bonding"? Vita and Felix?

This I'm looking forward to very much

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Poor Teana... she needs love! Everyone, we're creating a love interest for Teana!

Arcas: Reiji-san, you've already got a half dozen full profile chars to work on for LegendS, and they're not even half finished!

Reiji: But... Teana-chan needs love!

Boomer: Boss, Lanster's a Tsundere!

Reiji: <in full Yutaka Moe Mode> Tsundere's need love too!

Sevasti: Thank you for that wholly baseless rebuttal.

Reiji: She needs love!

82nd Guys: Mel, shut him up!

[Note: to see how Reiji was acting, look @ the Yui & Yutaka sequence of Lucky Star ep 14>
Tsunderes definitely need love... and there are many people willing to give it

Although finding a parter for Teana is gonna be a pain... Vice is a good candidate though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Speaking of inspiration, here's a short scene from LegendS (Aaron008R, one of your chars makes a brief appearance):

Spoiler for LegendS Scene:
So what have Keroko and Arcas gotten themselves into now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I put this in the Assorted Humor thread, but I think this can be posted here too

My first 4koma!!

Spoiler for Break Liner:

That's pretty much what I imagined when I first read the description of Nove's IS
SSSSSTRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master FlameSparkZ WINS again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And to bring my character total up to fifty, followed by a rest in the creation department then focusing more on forming story segments (), here are appearance descriptions for a team I have dubbed simply as "Bravo Unit".

Spoiler for Bravo 1- Albert Sween:

Spoiler for Bravo 2- Lincoln Fontaine:

Spoiler for Bravo 3- Anjel Akula:

Spoiler for Bravo 4- Zachary Taylor:

Spoiler for Bravo 5- Leanne Rhodes:

These five will most likely appear in ShardS, or so...now, work to do...

@SparkZ: Heh! A most comic and good 4koma, I must say. You've come up with an intriguing way to convey Break Liner...indeed, 'tis like bowling, too...although how you attributed Nove's IS with that is beyond me.
Bravo 2 is... is... H4XXOR

No female's gonna be safe from him!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*sees Lowe spit drink for a second time*

Spoiler for HAXX:

*AHEM*

*runs*

[Khorne] Yeeeess.... BLOOD [/Khorne]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
@WH40K Pros: Do Landraider machine spirits have IS?
... Maybe

Wait a minute... the Numbers are cyborgs... does that mean they have Machine Spirits too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Do I see Negi? THE Negi Springfield? Looks like the other CCs and OCs will have to retune their "Anti Harem Shields" because Bravo 2 spares no one in a skirt.

Except maybe Jun-chan.
:nods:

[random]

Maybe Negi's GAR, WIN and AWESOME can transform Jun into a full-fledged woman out of sheer willpower

[/random]

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Reposted from fanfic thread, because some of us just don't have time to visit it.

=============

Finally, the grand finale.

Yes, everyone, this marks the end of our very own stage presentation that is Magical Girl Lyrical Cinderella. I am not sure if I should write another humor/parody Nanoha fanfic, because right now I have other stories to take care of (A's Combat being one of them).

Anyway, thanks for reading and following this story. Every piece of comments and feedback is very appreciated.

Until then.

*cue music of Trombe!*
WHAT?!?! IT ENDED ALREADY?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Still though, this chapter was made out of HOTBLOOD, WIN, AND MANLINESS *cries manly tears*

And Chrono Unlimited Ecchi Works FTW!!!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-09-14 at 23:11.