View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 03:02   Link #1012
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The problem is that our main character and narrator in both the anime and light novels is Kyon. We are seeing everything through his perspective, so if we are to adjust our perspectives to match up with his, it would be impossible unless we saw this the first time...

What I mean is that the characters themselves, besides Yuki, feel like they are living life normally and are relatively unaware of all the same tasks they did in previous cycles. They get the deja vu feelings, but that is about it.

So like I said, we can only feel exactly the way Kyon feels, in the episode of these cycles. Otherwise our perspectives become more in line with Yuki (Who is relatively unconcerned about ever fixing the loop in the first place and thus already makes it impossible to feel like she does unless you want to just observe Haruhi and Kyon over and over and over again).
I've read this post a bunch of times and still don't really understand what you're trying to say... If you're saying that it was impossible for the light novel to produce the same impact that these consecutive loops are producing... then, I'd agree with you on that point...

If you're saying that we can only understand the way Kyon's feels because that is the perspective from which the story is told, regardless of it being the anime or light novel... then I'd have to disagree.