View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 14:36   Link #43
marvelB

Well, well, well..... it figures I'd see you pop up in this thread sooner or later, grey_1960:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Small size can also be an advantage
Just to let you know Marvel B Black Beard was no were near White Beard and he managed to get the WG and WB to fight each other and he replaced him has yonkou. He did it without an alliance.

Apples and oranges. Blackbeard is a veteran pirate who spent decades in the New World as a part of Whitebear's crew. And it was thanks to his connection with his old crew that he was able to manipulate the events leading up to and after the war. You cannot compare him with the super rookies.

Quote:
Second Hisoka?? brought up a good idea about guerrilla tactics. They work well against large groups. Look at vietnam and the American revolution. They are a proof that big size is not always a good thing.
Uh, while it's neat that you're bringing up real wars and all, they don't really have anything to do with this debate. What I'm saying is that it's necessary to obtain the perfect balance of quantity AND quality if the supernovas intend to topple the emperors. A single crew waging war against the New World's finest is just flat-out suicidal, as I pointed out before. Kid sinking a few of Big Mom's ships doesn't mean jack if there weren't any monsters like Pekoms on board (let alone Charlotte herself)....

Quote:
Second I think Luffy can hold his own against and admiral now that he has haki and he is stronger. I also think Luffy's haki is stronger then Marco or Vista's haki. I have seen only two people who has displaying haki use similar to Luffy, that would be Shanks and Rayleigh.

Tsk, tsk.... once again with the baseless conjecture, I see. Knocking out half a fodder army of racist fish-dudes doesn't exactly mean that Luffy is admiral level, y'know. Really, I'd say that the best way to gauge Luffy's strength for ourselves would be to see how well he would fare against a vice-admiral, let alone an admiral. So how about we wait and see how much of a challenge Vergo proves himself to be before we entertain the possibility of Luffy being capable of bitch-slapping Akainu now, shall we?